Instead of showing you an old FO today, I’m going to show you the Pressed Leaves hat that I finished today. I finished it in the car on the way to the Arboretum, because who doesn’t want to photograph a botanically inspired piece of knitwear in a botanically inspired place? They were meant for each other.
Except that it totally blended in with all the botany (which I suppose was the point) so I had to take picture against a stone bridge. I’m very happy with how this hat turned out. I had been concerned that the variegation in the yarn would make it difficult to see the stitch pattern, but I don’t think it’s a problem.
I was starting to get really worried that I wasn’t going to have enough yarn to finish, but I just barely made it. I had to fudge the decreases a little bit though because of that. I started them a little earlier and didn’t skip any rows. Because of that, the back is a little wavy. It could use a good strong blocking, but since I finished it in the car, I wasn’t able to fit that in before pictures.
The yarn itself was great. I love the colors, and so did everyone else that saw it. I’ve never had so many non knitters comment positively on a project. The pattern is exceptional as well. I loved how the pattern provided both the written instructions and a chart. The pattern required a fair amount of concentration, definitely not mindless knitting, but it wasn’t difficult to understand. Well, I did have a slight problem with the Inc 3 stitch. Turns out you are only really increasing 2…but turning one stitch into 3…so that gave me a spot of trouble. But other than that, I had no complaints. I imagine that this won’t be the last time I make this hat.