Nae is finished!

Remember how I talked about taking it easy and resting because I was feeling sick? Ha. Haha. Hahahahahaha.

Last night I stayed up till midnight trying to finish up Nae and get it blocked so I could take pictures of it today. I only spray blocked it, and I might soak and re-block it though, because I think it needs that extra oomph(According to spell check  it is spelled oomph not omph. Serious business, this.)  to keep the edges from curling under.  Still, I’m very pleased at how this turned out. It’s bigger than I thought it would be, and that’s perfectly fine with me. It’s also nice and soft. Its a lovely pattern if you just have a nice skein of sock yarn sitting around, as I sometimes do. Love sock yarn. Have trouble putting precious knitting between my feet and the floor. Sock yarn shawls for the win!

But let’s get to the pictures.


I call this picture “Bare Feet in the Rain: One Girl’s Search for Good Lighting.”



And this one I call “Father Catches Daughter Taking Pictures of Her Knitwear as He Goes to Get More Firewood.”


And here’s a close-up. The color is most accurate in the middle photo. I did a few mods for this shawl. Nothing crazy, I just made it longer and thinner to accommodate using only one skein of yarn. I increases on every other right side row instead of every right side row, and only increased the body section to 56 stitches before doing to center panel. It was a fairly straightforward pattern, though sometimes I got hung up on the wording and had mini-freak outs. The part I referred to in my head as the seed stitch section, the author designated as the “top+side” section, which I found confusing. But if you actually slow down and read the pattern(unlike me), then you should be fine.

I’d love to make Nae in other colors, I have a feeling I’m going to get a lot of use out of it.