It is with great pleasure that I now present to you my Miette sweater! Guys, I seriously love this sweater. It’s the best thing I’ve ever made.
Let me tell you why is this sweater so awesome:
1. It’s a quick knit. This sweater only took me about a week and a half. Granted, there was some serious knitting getting done in this week and a half. Most of this sweater was made while watching all three of the Lord of the Rings movies (No mean feat. I was sore from knitting.). But movie marathons or not, this really is a fast little sweater.
2. It’s flattering. This sweater makes me look good. It’s the negative ease. and the bust shaping. and the neckline.
3. It doesn’t use much yarn. I did three extra repeats of the lace pattern after the shaping to add some length and I still didn’t use of all my yarn. I reknit this off another sweater I had knit that turned out too big, but I’d estimate this took about 3 balls of Brava Worsted.
4. It’s warm! The sleeves are only 3/4 length but this sweater is really nice and warm. This is a good thing, because I’ve been freezing for the last week.
5. It really impressed my coworkers.
Lists and jokes aside, I’m really happy with how this sweater turned out. If I could change anything I would maybe add a few stitches after the waist. It fits fine right now, but it could be a tad bit looser. If I were to make it again(and I plan to) I’d add a few increases to the body. But really, there not a lot I would do differently. I have a new favorite sweater.